TIMOTHY P. PRENDERGAST: Resumé 2002
To continually develop and apply my creative, technical and management skills
in the field of modern media design. This includes strategic planning, creative
development, interface creation & media design for Internet & Intranet
applications, interactive multimedia and traditional media.
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers: Web Coordinator/Designer
- Web Design/Development, Asset Management. June 2002 - Present, www.ibew.com
- The Sensory Workshop (owner): Design/Art Direction - Print, Multimedia
& Web. April 1997 - Present, www.sensoryworkshop.com (under development)
- esävio Mid-Atlantic.: Creative Director/Designer. July 2000 - Sept.
2001, 93 Main Street, Annapolis, MD 21401, www.esavio.com
- e.spire Communications, Inc.: Creative Director of Web Services (Promoted
from Senior Web/Multimedia Designer). May 1998 - July 2000, www.espire.net
- The Design Works: Creative Producer & Internet Art Director. March 1996
- April 1997, www.thedesignworks.com
- Magnet Interactive Communications, LLC., Creative Producer, Designer &
Proposal Writer. May 1994 - March 1996, CD-ROM Applications & Web Development,
- Multimedia Productions Inc./ ProMedia Inc., Art Director & Multimedia
Designer. Feb. 1992 - June 1994,
- Saltlick Images (Freelance)- Graphic Design, Photographic Imaging, Multimedia,
Desktop Publishing & Consulting., 1984-1992.
- H&N Graphics & Printing, Senior Designer, 4 Month temporary. Timonium
- East Coast Screenprinters, Graphic Designer & Camera/stripping tech.
Aug. 1991 - Feb. 1992
- Crystal Interiors Inc., Graphic Artist-Glass Etching/Carving, Interior Design,
Feb. 1991-August. 1991
- Craftwright Construction Inc., Carpentry, renovation, and planning. March
- UMBC Art Department, Manager & Artist/Technician in Residence - Vanderbeek
Image Lab (now UMBC Image Research Center), June 1983-Jan. 1989,
- University Of MD School of Medicine; SIDS Research Dept., Imaging/computer
manipulation of Radiography, Video Fluoroscopy and ultrasound, @ Vanderbeek
Image Lab-UMBC. June 1983
- Languatech North America, Computer Graphics, Animation, Consulting. July
- Lettering Unlimited, Graphic Design, Illustration, Camera & Silk-screening,
Jan. 1980-June 1983
Bachelors of Fine Arts
Imaging and Electronic Arts
(minor in Psychology)
University of MD, Baltimore County,
Art Department FA111,
5401 Wilkens Ave.,
Catonsville, MD 21228
Continuing studies in Multimedia, Management and the Arts.
Practicing Artist in Digital, Studio, Photographic, Mixed Media and Literary
Constantly striving to assimilate and adapt new technology and information
to any situation.
strategic planning, proposal writing, resource planning & management, WWW business
models, digital marketing, "cross media" promotions.
concept development, flowcharts, team leadership; crisis intervention and trouble
shooting; client relations, negotiation & education.
adaptability, creative solutions, multimedia design from concept to assets,
print design & prepress, computer illustration, photography, videography, audio,
Hardware/Software systems troubleshooting, configuration, repair/maintenance,
mechanical theory and applications, basic robotics theory.
Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Adobe Image Ready 3.0, Adobe Acrobat
4, Quark Express 4.0, BBEdit5.0, MacroMedia Director 6.0 / Shockwave, Sound
Edit 16v2/ DECK II, Symantec Visual Page 1.1.1, GifBuilder, GraphicConverter,
Netscape 4 /Internet Explorer 5, Microsoft Office 98, Macflow 4.0, Debabelizer
1.6.5, FastTrack Schedule 3.0, Telnet, Fetch FTP, FileMaker Pro 3.0;
Flash 5.0, Dreamweaver 4.0, MacroMedia Director 7.0, Premiere 4.0, Allaire Cold Fusion 4, Microsoft Office 97/Project 98, Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Plus (music), Corel;
AutoDesk Animator Pro & 3D Studio, Time Arts Lumena & Crystal 3D, Island
Graphics Tips, Dr. Halo, Word Perfect, "Live" (© Prendergast
and Rice, 1988, Proprietary Image processing & manipulations software),
Syntech (music), Voyetra Sequencer Plus (music).
familiar with Alias, Wavefront, Matador, SoftImage;
Publications & Performances:
- "CATD Dealer Daily" Intranet for Central Atlantic Toyota. November
- "Toyota Workout" Extranet/web based application for Toyota Dealers.
- "Field Your Dreams" Extranet web site- Sales Incentive Program
site. April 1999 (e.spire)
- www.ACSINT.com - Public relations/Marketing web site. Feb. 1999 (e.spire)
- "INFOCENTER" e.spire intranet - Enterprise-wide information web
site. Oct. 1998 (e.spire)
- "HQ Lobby Kiosk" - Public reception area multimedia kiosk. July.
- www.ESPIRE.net - Public relations/consumer information web site. July. 1998
- www.INFOCISE.com/TICKETS - Public/Industry information site for Airlines
Tickets Fraud Prevention Steering Group Bulletin. Feb. 1998, (Sensory Workshop)
- "Data Services User Group" - Database driven intranet for AT&T
Data Services User Group members, September 1997 (Sensory Workshop)
- www.INFOCISE.com - Public relations/marketing site for Information Commerce
Department/ARINC, Inc. April 1997 (Sensory Workshop)
- www.SKYDOC.com - Marketing site for I.C.D./ ARINC, Inc. product. April 1997
- www.Metzlers.com - Marketing site for Metzler's Garden Center & Florist,
Feb. 1997 (TWPC)
- www.WentworthNurseries.com - Marketing site Wentworth Nurseries, Inc., Feb.
- www.GBCC.com - Marketing site for Glen Burnie Counseling Center, April 1996
- "The Road to Retirement" - CD-Rom Retirement planner and sales
tool, UNUM Life Ins.; Feb. 1995-March 1996, producer, Multimedia Win Application.
- The Wall Street Journal Reports on Personal Finance - Disk Companion, Dow
Jones, Inc., Feb. 1995, Producer, Interactive Mac/Win Application. (MAGNET)
- Planet EoAoSoE (Employee Administrative Services Enabler) - Kraft General
Foods Multimedia Human Resources Kiosk in collaboration with the Wyatt Company,
August 1994, visual basic app. (MAGNET)
- MacroMedia Director 4.0 for Windows: Product Roll-out Presentation; HD-based
interactive public performance with CEO of MacroMedia, June 1994, Director
- Sowebo Bohemian Festival, 1991, Cultured Pearl Gallery Show. Mixed Media
- Maryland Humanities Magazine, Spring 1987, Computer Graphics.
- Photographers Forum Magazine's International Anniversary Issue, Spring 1989,
- "Assault With Intent": American Film Institute Annual Festival,
Honorable Mention, 1987, Video Art.
- Bartleby Literary Magazine, Fall 1988, Lyrical Photographic Self-Portraiture.
- "Live" Video Performance Software © Prendergast and Rice,
1988, Proprietary video processing & manipulation software, Pascal program
to utilize IVG128 video capture boards in live performance interaction.
- Marilyn DeReggi Inter-Arts Ensemble: Performance series, French Embassy,
Washington D.C., 1986, Production Consultant, Video/Graphics Composition,
Live Video Manipulation in Performance Art.
- Kennith King and Dancers Co.: Performance series, New York City NY, 1987,
Production Consultant, Video/Graphics Composition & Live Manipulation
- Phoenix Dance Troupe/UMBC Dance Dept., Baltimore MD, 1986-89, Visual Design
& Special Effects.
- The Electro-Arts Ensemble, Baltimore, 1986-89, Multimedia (A/V) Composer,
MS Word version of my Resume...
Thank you for your time and consideration...
Timothy Prendergast, Creative